Breakfast: toasted ezekiel muffin with natural peanut butter, sliced apple and cranberry ketchup.
Lunch: out with a friend at Bizou! Definitely my favorite C'ville downtown lunch spot. No pictures, but I assure you that I had a fabulous housemade peppery pasta with butternut squash purée and garlicky sautéed spinach. It was soooooo good, and something I will definitely be trying to replicate soon.
Snack: blood orange with 1/2 cup Fage 0%. I may have also had a fig almond brownie... :)
Dinner: stuffed acorn squash and steamed broccoli. This was such a good dinner, and so warming on such a cold night! :)
Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- splash of dry red or white wine
- 1 cup cooked bulgur
- fresh parsley
- 1 cooked chicken breast (I seasoned with Chef Paul's Poultry Magic), shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt + pepper
- Cut 1 inch off of top of each acorn squash. Reserve top. If needed, cut a bit off of bottom of squash to flatten so that they will sit up in pan in oven. Scoop out seeds and strings. Put 1/2 tbsp butter into each acorn squash and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté celery, carrot, onion, garlic and bell pepper for 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Deglaze pan with red wine. Add bulgur, shredded chicken, fresh parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Allow to eat through an additional 2-3 minutes. Add spinach at last minute and allow to wilt. Remove from heat.
- Scoop filling into squash. You'll probably have quite a bit left over, depending on the size of your squash. I think it will make a lovely wrap tomorrow!
- Place tops back on squash, put squash in baking pan and bake at 400* for 1 hour.
Dessert: I snacked on some Annie's Cinnamon Bunnies and one square of a TJ's 72% cocoa bar while watching Private Practice. Yay!
Alrighty, its bed time. My electric blanket is calling my name loud and clear!!! Here's a fun question...What's the temperature where you are?