Friends...I need you! Here we are on April 1, Spring has sprung and I've already made my first grilled pizza, and I still don't have a pizza dough recipe that I am completely head-over-heels for. May I ask...do YOU have a favorite pizza dough recipe? And if you do, would you please, please share it with me? In exchange, I will give you my very favorite pizza topping combination...do we have a deal? Thank you. :)
Happy weekend, all!
Andrea's very favorite Pizza Topping Combination, inspired by Dr. Ho's Humble Pie
- your pizza dough of choice (please share!!!)
- corn meal for dusting your very hot pizza stone
- tomato sauce (preferably from this recipe)
- thinly shaved ham (preferably from your favorite local farm...we always use Double H Farm ham)
- fresh mozzarella (from Mona Lisa Pasta)
- caramelized red onions (heat over medium heat in olive oil for about 10 minutes, until golden brown)
- fresh arugula (also from Double H Farm) dressed with a little bit of olive oil and fresh lemon juice (or, lemon olive oil...yum!)
- shaved parmesan cheese
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
We grill one side of the pizza dough before topping, remove the dough and top the grilled side, then put the pizza back on the grill. The arugula and shaved parmesan go on the pizza once it has come off of the grill and is ready to be served.