Good Tuesday morning! I woke up to discover 2 lovely things happened while I was sleeping... #1...It snowed last night!!! Only a little dusting but it was still such a nice surprise. Looking outside my office window now I see that it has all melted already...oh well. #2...The lovely and talented Ashley at Sweet + Natural awarded me with the prestigious Superior Scribbler Award! Isn't she a sweetie? I love Ashley's blog because she delivers useful information and incredible recipes with a wonderfully witty style and gorgeous photography. I can't wait to try more of her delectable recipes, if only I could get a handle on this new blogging obsession of mine that seems to be taking up all of my evening time...! :)
I now give you the rules.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Link to me for giving it to you.
3. Link the originating post here.
4. Pass it on to three deserving people - I’m keeping Ashley's rule to continue the rebellion...
5. Post these rules for your recipients.
So, here goes.
1. Allison at Green Dog Wine. I love Allison's blog because she shares great recipes, has the cutest puppy, is at a very similar place in her life as me (we're even the same age!) and has a fabulous blog name encompassing her favorite things, which just so happen to be some of my favorites as well so I feel a slight kinship with her... :)
2. Monica at SmarterFitter. Monica is so clever. She shares wonderful information and beautiful recipes and is a fabulous writer. Plus, her blog is so ambitious with TONS of useful information. And, she lives in the U.K. I'm only a little jealous... :)
3. Erica at Itzy's Kitchen. Erica has great, quick recipes...especially her breads! I am always looking for healthy, fast bread options and I find myself constantly turning to her blog for ideas. Plus, she makes simply pleasing dinners that would be satisfying for both me and my husband, which is no small feat.
Congrats Ladies! Enjoy!!!
On to some food...
Breakfast: One 5.3oz container of plain Oikos with a handful of fresh raspberries and sprinkling of sliced almonds on top. I mashed the raspberries up so the juice colored the yogurt pink...tasty and pretty at the same time. :) Also, I've pictured a Luna Sunrise Apple Cinnamon bar and a banana, but I decided to save the banana for a snack since I am now REALLY full and over-calculated my breakfast calories.
Lunch: Another veggie wrap and apple combo, exactly the same as yesterday. :) Its a quick, filling lunch and I really enjoyed the added boost the black beans gave me. Plus, I have WW tortillas in my fridge that I must use up. Don't be surprised if you see another of these beauties on tomorrow's post.
Snack: Clif Mojo Peanut Butter Pretzel bar. This is my first Mojo bar experience so expect a product review later!
I'd like to introduce you to my little helper this morning, Mia. She likes to stick close to the kitchen in the morning in case a little piece of turkey or cheese falls from the sky while Brian is making his sandwiches...
Ok, I work 'till 6 tonight then have a 1-1/2 hour yoga class this evening, so it will be another late post tonight. I revved up the crock pot this morning though for a batch of my black bean soup, so I'll be posting a new recipe tonight. Woohoo! Have a fabulous Tuesday! :)